Controls Engineer – Industrial Data Specialist
*This position is a remote working opportunity.
The Controls Engineer – Industrial Data Specialist has numerous years of hands-on manufacturing industry experience who possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures toward the completion of technically complex projects. This position will consist of 10%-30% travel.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Design, development, testing, and implementation of control and information systems that utilize new and existing technology to deliver robust solutions at a wide variety of manufacturing environments
- Develop technical specifications and other technical documents for use on client projects
- Lead the equipment installation and commissioning phases of projects at client facilities
- Foster and maintain client relationships; maintain and record client communications
- Work with resources, such as vendors and sub-contractors to provide necessary project deliverables
Knowledge & Experience
- Significant hands-on experience designing, developing and programming control and information systems for manufacturing applications
- Extensive hands-on field experience implementing, commissioning and troubleshooting control and information systems for manufacturing applications
- High competence with advanced programming and commissioning of complex systems containing industrial controllers, computers and networking equipment across multiple platforms and languages
- Broad knowledge of manufacturing, automation, industrial controls and information systems
- Awareness of Project Management techniques and methodologies
- Expertise in one or more of the following specialty areas:
- 5 or more years of work experience in manufacturing industries
- Hands-on experience working with SCADA and HMI packages, including, but not limited to Ignition, FactoryTalk, View SE, Wonderware, Citect, etc.
- Hands-on experience working with software to integrate ERP/MOMS/MES systems with HMI/SCADA systems
- Knowledge of industry standards, methods, platforms, and protocols for network and data security
- Experience configuring industrial redundant network equipment for reliable, secure and robust plant-wide communication
- Experience designing, configuring and administering virtual infrastructures using VMware
- Experience designing, developing, and administering Microsoft SQL Server databases, including, but not limited to:
- Defining tables
- Creating indices for efficient table usage
- Constructing views
- Writing stored procedures and functions
- Experience with OOP language such as Python, Java, VB.NET or C3
Skills and Abilities
- Proven ability to quickly understand technology and conditions, thoroughly analyze complex problems and effectively assimilate information to reach independent decisions that will resolve issues at hand
- Recognized creative and innovative thought leadership with the ability to act as a change agent and bring value to customers and projects
- Proven verbal and written communication skills; English and Spanish language proficiency beneficial
- Established subject matter expertise with ability to teach multiple technologies or industry processes
- High focus on establishing priorities and managing work efficiently across multiple projects by a combination of working independently and delegating to other team members when possible
- Engineering/Technology/Science B.S. Degree in Electrical, Electronics, Computer, or Manufacturing
*Visit our website at www.ecssolutions.com to read more about our company.
Click HERE to Apply Today!